A few years ago my sister, Laci, made this wonderful salad for Christmas Eve dinner. When she described it I was quite skeptical. WARM salad? Wouldn’t the lettuce wilt? I am picky about salads, I prefer them ice cold, savory and filled with lots of proteins; never fruit. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this turned out for our family dinner. When I called her for the recipe she couldn’t find the exact recipe so I recreated it to taste and tried it out on someone special and the verdict was, “WOW! This is REALLY GOOD!”
This amazing dish is just one part of our Ulitmate Valentine's Day Dinner! Check out the rest of the dishes to complete your meal:
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 4 Strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 Ounces Goat Cheese, crumbled
- ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Sherry Wine
1. In a skillet, fry your bacon until nice and crispy. Just before it is done frying add your walnuts and cook in the bacon grease.
2. In a large bowl combine spinach and goat cheese.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine bacon, walnuts, the pan drippings, and olive oil. Begin whisking rigorously and add in the sherry wine until well combined.
4. Pour over the spinach and goat cheese. The warm bacon drippings will begin to melt the goat cheese just enough to make it extra soft and creamy!
Check out the rest of the dishes to complete your meal:
Gorgeous images by Erin Kata Photography