Who says it has to be the Kentucky Derby to enjoy a good Julep? We love to enjoy them all summer long, especially with the addition of a fresh peach! I also love serving this cocktail because even people who dont think they really care for Mint Juleps usually like it because the addition of the peach sweetens it up a lot and turns it into a whole new drink. And even though we live in Cali now, I love serving this cocktail bcecaue it reminds me of our time living in Georgia!
- 1.3 ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- 2/3 ounces Peach Brandy
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 mint leaves
- peach slices
- crushed ice
- Julep cup or rocks glass
- Muddle mint leaves, sugar, and splash of water in a julep cup or rocks glass.
- Add Bulleit Bourbon, peach brandy, splash of water, and fill cup with crushed ice (10-20% above rim of cup, like a snow cone) and stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and peach slice, add a small drinking straw, and serve with a napkin.
Photography by Christina Richards